Open Budget: OKC promotes a deeper understanding of the city budget, so that citizens, officials, and other stakeholders can engage in more informed dialogue about how the Oklahoma City budget currently works and how it should work in the future.
- We work with community groups to learn what aspect of the budget is most relevant to them, and how it would be best shared with the public.
- We work with Oklahoma City's Budget Office to access budget data and present it in a simple, useful format.
- We visualize Oklahoma City's budget data, and share resources for people to create their own visualizations and analyses.
- We use tools that are free, open-source, and require minimum technical skill.
- We stimulate dialogue and provide a forum for the Oklahoma City community to discuss the budget.
Now that you know our goals, please share your ideas here.